Monday, October 1, 2018

Vendor Spotlight: Stephen Jenkins with Alton Lane

Meet Stephen Jenkins, Sales Executive with Alton Lane. On your wedding day you should look your absolute best, groom included! Read how Stephen can help you find the perfect custom-made suit for your big day!

What makes you or your business stand out and why should a couple hire you?
Alton Lane believes in treating the groom just as special as the bride. It’s the one area where the groom can feel completely in control.

As a personal stylist with 35 years of fashion experience, I understand what it’s like to both feel and look amazing in my clothes. Clothes don’t make the man but they can certainly make him feel confidently at his best, on his wedding day.

Alton Lane offers suits and tuxedos as unique as the client with 3D body scanning technology. We provide the ultimate male shopping experience with a private showroom, full bar, and tv screens.

What’s a weird/unusual tip you tell your couples?
Whenever nervous, picture everyone else in their underwear.

What’s your favorite thing about what you do?
I love using my gifts to help others experience an amazing day.

How did you get to where you are now?
I grew up loving clothes and fashion. I started out modeling in NYC. I began working in retail at Bergdorf Goodman, in the 80’s, in New York City. Since then, I continued to pursue my passion as a personal stylist and fashion consultant. I gained notoriety for my extraordinary ability to transform someone’s look and feel. Further motivated, I opened a high-end consignment store, stocked with collectibles from all over the east coast. Now, at Alton Lane, it’s all brought together.

What’s something every couple should know before getting married?
A marriage union is made with two full people coming together and not two halves making a whole. Marriage is grand; divorce is 50 grand!

What’s your go-to spot to eat in RVA?
Dutch & Company in Churchhill, Long Oven is a new sensation in Scott’s Addition,  Mama J’s for a little soul, and grab and go at Stella’s groceries in Scott’s Addition.

What was your first job?
I’ve always enjoyed working. I’m a serial entrepreneur. I started by charging my siblings interest on allowance loans. I shoveled walkways, carried groceries for elderly shoppers, and short-lived experience delivering papers (not an early riser).

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Sunny-side up eggs with sauteed portabella mushrooms, topped with avocado and touch of sriracha sauce.

What do you like to do when you are away from work?
Lover of great music, great friends, and great food. I enjoy deep conversations as well as a good bottle of Opus One. Invite me if you have a bottle!! I’ll bring breadsticks.

Where is your happy place?
Home – over the years, I’ve created the perfect environment for MYSELF. Second is my yoga mat.

What’s the coolest thing you’re working on now?
ME, a work in progress, like the 16th Chapel. It takes many years to create a masterpiece.

What would be in your dream sandwich?
A simple New England lobster roll. Why mess with perfection?

What’s your go-to dance move?
Drive the car; start the lawn mower, sprinkler!

Learn more about Stephen and the rest of the team at Alton Lane on their website!

The post Vendor Spotlight: Stephen Jenkins with Alton Lane appeared first on Richmond Weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment