Monday, March 18, 2019

Vendor Spotlight: Eric with Eric Herod Entertainment

Meet Eric, Wedding Entertainment Director with Eric Herod Entertainment! Read how he got started as a DJ and how he treats every couple like his own family! Also, check out his tip for having a successful big day!

Eric Herod Entertainment Richmond Weddings DJ

What makes you or your business stand out and why should a couple hire you?
Every couple is part of our family. We build relationships and friendships with our couples so that we can better serve them and their guests on the wedding day. Our goal is to make every wedding a Legendary wedding, one that will be discussed in the family for years.

What’s a weird/unusual tip you tell your couples?
Tip #589 (Yeah, I have a lot of them): Make sure you get the coconut shrimp. So, at our wedding, when we arrived from the ceremony, we were rushed right into the reception. Thus, we missed the appetizers, which included coconut shrimp. It was the one thing, food-wise, I was looking forward to the most. Therefore, my tip: build time for you to relax after the photos to enjoy the appetizers and drinks in a secluded area before you enter the reception because once you do, you are on your guest’s time.

Eric Herod Entertainment Richmond Weddings DJ

What’s your favorite thing about what you do?
The friendships that we have created with couples and their families. Nothing humbles us more than when we get the comment, “How long have you known the couple, it seems like you’ve been friends for a long time?”

How did you get to where you are now?
I was always the kid in high school with all the music. Then, in college, I went to a club and saw a DJ live for real for the first time and knew that I could do that. When I moved to Raleigh, NC, I went to a club the very first weekend I was there and chatted with the DJ. Wasn’t long before he needed someone to cover, and he taught me how to mix beats, read crowds, and get creative with music. Once I got into the wedding industry, I started learning how to get creative with the MC work. That’s when it all came together.

What’s something every couple should know before getting married?
First off, are you madly in love with your partner? Yes? Good. Then, let’s talk about how to showcase that because when you do, guests feel like they are part of something special. The reception is about your guests and they have to be participants, not observers. You have to find ways to make them FEEL the love you have for each other and for them.

Eric Herod Entertainment Richmond Weddings DJ

What’s your go-to spot to eat in RVA?
When I get down to the RVA, I love to eat at Can Can Brassiere, Wong Gonzalez, or Secret Sandwich Society. All amazing!

What did you want to be when you were little?
I had and still have so many interests, but as a kid, I remember going from Astronaut to Police Officer to Teacher. Teacher landed and stuck back in 4th grade and it’s what I became back in 2001. While I taught, I DJ’d and fell in love with DJ’ing weddings.

What was your first job?
My first ever job was working at Electronics Boutique, the original Game Stop. I sold video games. Yep, I am a gamer.

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Two fried eggs on toast with cheese.

Eric Herod Entertainment Richmond Weddings DJ

What do you like to do when you are away from work?
My family loves everything Disney, so ultimately Disney World is our happiest place of all. But, if we can’t go to Disney, watching a Disney movie on the couch with the kids is awfully enjoyable too.

What’s your newest Netflix obsession?
I just finished season 2 of The Punisher. That was killer. My favorite show, though, is The Walking Dead. I’m oddly into the apocalyptic survival stuff.

What’s the coolest thing you’re working on now?
Remixing Education. My goal is to help light a spark in changing education focusing on teaching the 7 essential skills that aren’t being taught in America. You can find out more at https://remixing.education

What’s your go-to dance move?
The Wobble. Way too many photos of me on Facebook leading The Wobble at weddings!

Learn more about Eric and the rest of his team on their website!

The post Vendor Spotlight: Eric with Eric Herod Entertainment appeared first on Richmond Weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment