Monday, January 14, 2019

Vendor Spotlight: Loren Gonzalez with Lucent Events

Meet Loren Gonzalez, Owner and Lead Consultant with Lucent Events! Loren has a branding background and will make your wedding, totally on-brand with YOU! Learn more about her experience and how she can help put together your big day!

What makes you or your business stand out?
My background in branding, customer experience and event management for a wide variety of events gives me a wealth of experience to lean on while working with clients. It’s easy to get lost in the details of planning a wedding so I work with all my couples to create a genuine, unique experience that is enjoyable for both them and their guests. My personality is the right mix of sweet mixed with strong to keep my clients smiling throughout the process while successfully managing vendors, the bridal party and family along the way. I am a perfectionist so every detail, every piece of communication and how it’s all organized is polished to perfection. I love people, I love what a wedding symbolizes and I love being creative so working with me means a beautiful, authentic and well-organized event!

What’s a weird/unusual tip you tell your couples?
Many couples are engaged and planning their wedding for a year or longer. During that time there will be good days and bad days. My advice is to not give up, give back the ring, or question getting married on those bad days. What makes a marriage is how you handle those times when the sun isn’t always shining – and planning a wedding in preparation for that is no exception!

What’s your favorite thing about what you do?
Getting to know the couples I work with and witnessing those emotional moments on the wedding day where the love they have for each other is so big.

How did you get to where you are now?
I did event management for several years working concerts, outdoor festivals and corporate galas before I moved into my work doing branding/design and customer experience. I realized how much I loved working with people and creating authentic experiences that would be remembered beyond their finite moment in time. Then, I got married myself and had entirely too much fun planning every detail, finding the right dress, designing the decor and knew I wanted to do this for other people!

What’s something every couple should know before getting married?
I have entirely different answers for what couples should know before getting married and before planning a wedding, ha! Before getting married I would say every couple should know that who you marry will change, and will not change. If they leave the top off the toothpaste tube now, they will always leave the top off the toothpaste tube. On the other hand, who they are as a person will evolve as you grow old together and be prepared to change and grow with them.

In terms of planning a wedding – no one has a perfect wedding day. It might rain, a bridesmaid might be sick, someone gets stuck in traffic…knowing there will be elements out of your control ahead of time will help you laugh when they happen so you can remember what the big day is really all about. It’s not about having a perfect day, it’s about celebrating finding the person perfect for you, flaws and all.

What’s your go-to spot to eat in RVA?
This is a tough one as there are SO many amazing restaurants in Richmond! I love Heritage for their chocolate candy bar dessert, which is basically Nutella everything – don’t forget to add the Nutella ice cream (I have a ridiculous sweet tooth). Stella’s has an amazing brunch and Southbound would probably be my all around favorite.

What did you want to be when you were little?
A dancer! I love the arts and fill my time with as many creative things as possible. I went to school for music (piano) so I love to fill my free time with playing or listening to music, dancing around and letting my creative juices flow. I try to see as many Richmond Ballet productions as possible!

What was your first job?
Well – this won’t surprise you knowing I have such a sweet tooth, but my first job was working in a little ice cream stand in the small town where I grew up. Pack’s Frozen Custard is very popular in Stephens City, VA – plus I got to make myself an ice cream sundae every shift! 🙂

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Yogurt, nuts and cheese and of course COFFEE. I believe food is fuel and in taking good care of myself so my body can keep up with all my ambitious ideas! A little caffeine never hurts either.

What do you like to do when you are away from work?
I love to exercise because I believe in training your body you train your mind. Reading gives me ideas and inspiration. Enjoying a good glass of pinot noir. Baking for my little ones. Dreaming and strategizing with my husband because he is full of ideas and ambition. Traveling gives me perspective and brings me peace.

Where is your happy place?
Outside. Fresh air, water, trees always recharge me.

What would you put on your dream nachos?
My husband says he is amazed at how much I crunch everything – cereal, apples, chips, so nachos are definitely a favorite of mine, lol! I would put some well-seasoned ground beef, LOTS of sharp cheddar shredded cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, slices of avocado with oil & vinegar, fresh-squeezed lime juice and fresh cilantro. Yum!

Learn more about Loren and how she can help create the wedding of your dreams on her website!

The post Vendor Spotlight: Loren Gonzalez with Lucent Events appeared first on Richmond Weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment