Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Vendor Spotlight: Alissa Tarr with Magnolia Green Golf Club

Meet Alissa Tarr, Director of Sales with Magnolia Green Golf Club! Together she’ll help you have the wedding of your dreams, right outside of Richmond!

What makes you or your business stand out and why should a couple hire you?
Magnolia Green Golf Club has a brand new clubhouse so all the amenities are contemporary and up to date. Couples are able to choose from several room rental sizes and customize their layout as well as their menu and cuisine. I have many years of experience planning and hosting events and work diligently to ensure each event is exactly as you dreamed.

Richmond Weddings Vendor Spotlight Magnolia Green Golf Club

What’s a weird/unusual tip you tell your couples?
I remind them to eat! Sometimes couples get so busy mingling with their guests and enjoying themselves that they forget to eat! I make sure our staff serves the bride and groom first before anyone else so they can make sure to grab a bite. We also pack up a leftover plate at the end of the night, which we call “a late night snack” for the bride and groom to take home that evening.

Richmond Weddings Vendor Spotlight Magnolia Green Golf Club

What’s your favorite thing about what you do?
Seeing big smiles from the couple at the end of the evening, when everything has turned out just as it should, that is confirmation and reward in itself.

How did you get to where you are now?
I worked in higher education for several years counseling students on educational and career choices. I also planned all the events for the multitude of schools that I oversaw. Years back, a friend in the wedding business asked me to assist with wedding planning and event coordination and I was hooked.

Richmond Weddings Vendor Spotlight Magnolia Green Golf Club

What’s something every couple should know before getting married?
Just to breathe. Everything will be ok. Trust in Magnolia Green and our team that we are taking care of every detail.

Richmond Weddings Vendor Spotlight Magnolia Green Golf Club

What’s your go-to spot to eat in RVA?
Assante’s Pizza – their BBQ chicken pizza is my all-time fave!

What was your first job?
When I first graduated from college, I worked for the Club Managers Association of America, assisting with membership and special events.

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Vanilla yogurt with granola. As I fill out this survey, it is the beginning of a new year and I am trying to be good!

What do you like to do when you are away from work?
Travel. I love to visit new cultures, try new food, meet new people and get out of my comfort zone.

Where is your happy place?
Montego Bay, Jamaica. I have been going every year since I was 12 and consider it a second home. It makes for a great honeymoon spot too!

Learn more about Alissa and the rest of the team at Magnolia Green Golf Club on their website!

The post Vendor Spotlight: Alissa Tarr with Magnolia Green Golf Club appeared first on Richmond Weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment